Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Biblically Challenged & Chalk Talk

First I would like to say, " I'm very thankful and feel  blessed beyond words to have been raised a Christian."  
  We weren't always regular church goers. Although, I do remember attending Church/Sunday School quite often as a child with my Mother & Aunt Jackie. 
We normally only blessed our food on special occasions, such as Thanksgiving or at Christmas dinner.  I didn't have a father who insisted we go to church every Sunday. In fact, I don't recall ever sitting in church with him at all. I'm no "holy roller"  by any means, but I'm a believer. A strong believer in prayer. I pray A LOT
Mostly for patients, lots and lots of patients, guidance, strength
and many prayers of thanks.  
Never have I stopped believing in the awesome power of God. 
I admit, many times straying from the word, ether because I was to busy "sowing my oats" or just the mere frustration of trying to understand who said what or who did what in the Bible. 
Sometimes reading the Bible can be like reading Chinese. 
I have come to realize that I'm what you would call  
"Biblically Challenged."
Attending church on Sundays is my classroom. 
I learn so much more by hearing someone speak the word, seeing the power point with explanations or examples than trying to read on my own.
You may have realized organized religion is not your thing or that your like me and get frustrated trying to comprehend what you are reading in the Bible.
I love reading devotional books or spiritual books that are....if you will, written in "Lamens Terms." Also if you know of any other books you may have enjoyed, please send your suggestions my way.

Two books I did get to read this summer and both are page turners and highly recommend. 



I also read many blogs that are inspirational and help "feed my spiritual growth." 
I wanted to share with you one particular blog. 
KC at Sanctified Pearl
She inspired me to write a memory verse on the chalk board in my kitchen. I call it "Chalk Talk" She {KC} calls it "Memory Verse Monday." I have been sharing the verses each week with my family at home and my Facebook friends. 


You don't need a large chalk board in your kitchen. You can just write it on paper and stick it to the refrigerator or bathroom mirror. Somewhere your family will likely read it everyday.
Or....If your not "Biblically Challenged" like me, you can share your own favorite verses with your friends and family.


Proverbs 22:6 
Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.


I've been meaning to post my "chalk talk" or "memory verse" pictures on my blog so that they are in my archives. Maybe my children will go back and read these and become inspired to share with their friends and/or families one day. 


Week One:


Week Two:


Week Three:

I hope you are inspired too with the memory verses. I would love to read positive comments and it would mean so much to me for you to sign up to follow my blog. If you don't already have a blog, I encourage you to began writing one. 
It is lots of fun and very gratifying. 
  
Have a blessed day! 


P.S. Good bye Summer Break 2011 and HELLO 8th grade & 3rd grade. I must say, "bitter sweet." 
I can't say good bye to the summer heat, just the break... sadly we have many more summer scorchers ahead.
Come on sweater weather! Oh how I miss you!













1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo